Friday, February 22, 2008

Leaks

I havent heard anything yet. So basically I have alot of leaks on my dura. The dura is the tissue that surrounds the brain and spinal cord. I don't know how many, I don't know how fast they are leaking, I just know I always feel sick. I can't physically see it coming out anywhere on my skin so I guess it is leaking out into my body. My brain isn't getting the amount of spinal fluid that it needs so that could be causing it to herniate so rapidly. The term is called Intracranial Hypotension. I have read that it can be spontaneous or it can come from trauma. When there's not enough spinal fluid around your brain it can cause an earthquake effect. The brain can do one of these things, it can split down the middle, it can shift, or it can fall out the bottom of the skull. My brain is slipping out into the spinal canal. The spinal canal is crammed up with my brain, so that is causing the spinal fluid not to flow like it should. There is alot of stuff going on inside me. I am still in shock I think. I will keep you posted.

2 comments:

Cheri Parrish said...

Kim, just wanted to say hey from me and Alli. We will continue to keep you in our prayers. Alli is ready to come see you, she is in desperate need of highlights. She says her hair is TOO dark, oh the horror!! She walks by volleyball picture from fall, right after highlights and says, "Wow, who is that hot chic!" Too funny. I will check in soon. Much love, Cheri & Alli Parrish

Jo Anna said...

Kim:
I'm glad you started your blog site. Good way for me to see how things are going w/ you rather than when I'm in for my hair appt. ('Course I'm still gonna ask when I'm there for my appt!!)

Please know you're in my prayers daily. Not just saying that b/c it's the thing to say in these situations, but I'm really doing that. That you'll get relief from the symptoms of C.M. and for healing. My prayer buddies are lifting you up also.

Hang in there, keep the faith. You are a amazing woman!

All my best,
Jo Anna