Thursday, February 28, 2008

MEMA

My mema had a massive stroke today. My mom went over to pick her up from her house to take her to the Library to play with her Scrabble group. When she didn't come out, mom was worried. She went in and found her lying on the floor. She called 911. They took her to JMH, once there they confirmed the stroke and they Lifeflighted her to Wake Med. She is in ICU. We went there tonight. She opened her eyes for Kathy. When I spoke to her she was moving around alot. Shendi held her hand and Mema was making eye movements with them closed. We told her how much we loved her and it was very hard. Right now her right side is paralyzed. My Aunt Lanie is on a plane as I type from Alaska. Tomorrow morning they are going to do more mri's and cat scans. They will take the ventilator out to see if she can breathe, swallow, and other things that I know nothing about. All I know is I love her so much. Please pray for her.

No comments: