Friday, February 29, 2008

Mema looks much better tonight. She has no ventilator and is breathing fine and follows some direction. She was able to look at us and hold our hands. We just told her what a fighter she is and that we love her. She is still in ICU, a long road ahead, her brain is still swollen so we won't know damage until thats gone down some. She tried to smile (even laugh) when mom told her she would have to learn to talk again, and that the first thing they would teach her would be...... John McCain. Mema is a strong Democrat!!!! hates Bush and all his friends!! ha ha... Her right side remains paralyzed..... anyhow, I am hopeful, thanks for all your prayers.
Me, Shendi and Aunt Lanie sang, "You Are My Sunshine" to her!!!! She loved it I think...
I am doing okay. This has definetly taken my mind off of any anxious thoughts regarding surgery. Still contemplating everything today.
love kim

No comments: