Wednesday, March 19, 2008

1 Week Since Surgery

Hey. Today makes a week since surgery. I have been sleeping alot today and am in pain. I am waiting for it to start to go away. This will try me. I am trying to stay positive. This is the hand I was dealt. The game will go on.

My family and friends are what is getting me through each day. I have trouble remembering who was here the day before and who brought what and who did what, so I am writing it all down. I want to thank Branch Chapel in Selma for their donation (De De Stott's Sunday School Class). How awesome it is to recieve blessings from people who don't even know us. Melissa S. brought over some donations today from people who wanted to remain annonymous. Bethany brought over her tips from cutting hair and a jar they had set up at the salon. The girls at Hot Heads salon in Smithfield sent me a beautiful flower. Teasie brought over supper and it was delicious. I am telling you that you people are getting me through this. I don't know what to expect each day when I wake up but I have hope still.

Thanks so much. I love you all, goodnight.
Kim

4 comments:

CarrieLynn said...

Hi, my name is Carrie (freewebs.com/carrieschiariconnection.com)and I also recently had the decompression surgery. My surgery was Jan 7th 2008. I just wanted to offer my support and tell you that for me, it is getting better and I decided to make 2008 a better year no matter what...because sometimes having Chiari...it takes over your life and you begin to forget who you are...and all you know is that you have Chiari....and thats no way to live! I do have chiari....but I also have a life...I hope you find great relief, comfort, and a better quality of life. Sending you big Hugs and hoping your recovery is quick and as painless as possible!!
Best of Luck...
~Carrie

Karla said...

hey kim! i finally figured this leaving a comment thing! i sometimes can be technologically impaired. but anyway...i do want you to know, i have not visited or sent flowers but i have and will continue to pray for you daily! i think you are a true inspiration and i always get wonderful, uplifting words when i see you! hang in there, you never know who is truly there for you until you go through something life changing!

love and hugs,

karla rea

Jessica said...

Hello from a stranger! I wanted to let you know that though this difficult and painful time, your words are touching people...just as you had hoped. Your strength, faith, humor, and love for your family comes through loud and clear. I was diagnosed 2 weeks ago and am waiting for the "what to do next" doctor's appt., but this comment is about you...not me. Your blog is inspirational. I've read a LOT of them in the last couple of weeks and none of them left me feeling better than when I began reading. Until yours. To be honest, most of the other ones I read left me TERRIFIED. Haha. You've made it through the surgery, and I want you to know that strangers are praying for you and rooting for your recovery. You can push through the pain. Just from reading your words...I know you can. Hang in there. Thank you for your blog. God Bless.

Kristy said...

Hello Kim and Nate,
Thank you for keeping up with the blog. You are truely an inspiration to me. I am amazed each and everytime I read. You are so blessed to be doing everything you do. You are in my prayers and God is so good. You are a testiment to that. Take care of yourself and do not over do.
Kristy