Monday, March 24, 2008

Doctor Appointment

Hey. I got my stitches out today. My doctor was happy to see me and couldn't believe how well I am doing. This is my PCP in town. She also acted excited that she was the one to get to take them out. She said that she couldn't believe a neuro at Duke would allow her to take them out. She was as gentle as possible given the size and area of the incision. Some bad news, though. I have some infection around the neck in the incision. So I am on antibiotics now twice a day. She cleaned the area very well and bandaged me up again. Nate has to inspect it for her Wednesday morning and if it looks okay, then I can wash my hair. If not, back to Duke. So You All who read this blog please pray the infection will clear up. Because of the area of infection it can be serious. I have been back in the bed today. Thanks for everyone sending cards, sending money, sending food, and phone calls. You all are the best!!!!!

No comments: