Monday, March 31, 2008

hey there. it's almost been 3 weeks now since op. maybe its the rain, i don't know, but am battling the "blues". it could be these walls closing in on me. in the past 3 weeks i have be to the lawn market for about 20min, and Lowes Hardware for about 10min. The crazy thing is, is that I don't want to go anywhere. Nate went back to work, so that could be the reason I am down. Today is the first day in days that I am in pain. That could be rain too. Let' just blame everything on the rain. Constant throbbing in the back of my head and on my neck.. It feels like I have a golf ball in the back of my neck when I look up. So I just won't look up. I have been putting on makeup for the past few days, and I enjoyed it. I look fine on the outside, that is what is so decieving. This operation is only a treatment of the disease, not a cure. There is no cure. There are people still doing research to find a cure. So that will answer alot of your questions. People are asking me, "do you feel different", and "did it work". It should alleviate symptoms for a period of time. But it is only a treatment.

The kids are doing great. Life as usual. Shendi is doing great. I am glad she is back at school this week. She was getting awfully bored. She did go to Carowinds Saturday with her new youth group. She had a wonderful time. The kids have been accepting of her and she seems to be growing spiritually. David is back at preschool and was excited to go back this morning. Lydia has spent the morning with my mom. And Nate is back to work.

I want to thank everyone for bringing us food. Marilyn Sutphin brought food on Friday. Jean, Nate's mom, brought food for Saturday and Sunday. Lisa S. brought food this morning and visited for a while. Nate and I have both gained some weight because you guys keep us fed so well. We have definetly enjoyed all of the meals and desserts!!!

Thanks for Everything!
Congratulations to Elizabeth and Chris on their new baby girl!!!

Kim

1 comment:

lace1070 said...

The rain always makes my head hurt, too ~ that darn low barometric pressure. I say 'Blame it on the brain!" I found that having something to look forward to each week really helped to fight the blues. Hugs ~ Lace