Saturday, March 22, 2008

Today I woke up with a big headache! It has gotten better as the day has progressed. I am going to try to get off the narcotics slowly. Mom is a nurse and thinks some of theses symptoms could mean I am getting tolereant to the pain med. So I will trust her advice and do just that. I will get my stitches out on Monday. I still can't lift anything, and the reason I know this, is because I have tried....shhhhhh.... No, I will not do that anymore because it was rather painful... My neck is still stiff and sore. I know I will get through this, it will just take time.

This beautiful weather is calling me. I was washing some dishes, looking out the window, thinking I have got to get out in my flower garden. So, I grabbed a bottle of windex and started cleaning the glass on the stormdoor. After I did that I got ahold of the broom and swept the porch as best I could. The more I worked I got closer and closer to the flower garden. I was there. I had worked my way to the garden. I stood there looking at the weeds and bare spots. They were calling me. The weeds wanted me to pull them and the bare spots were in desperate need of pinestraw. I don't know how long I stood there before I realized that my neighbors were probably looking at me wondering what in the world I was doing. So I went back inside. Man I have got to get better soon, so I can get busy..... You don't realize how much you do until your forced to be in the bed or resting on the couch..

I have to give my SHOUT OUTS, you know. On Thursday Carolyn F., Elizabeth M., and Joan S. brought us dinner, flowers, candy, and cards. On Friday Patsy D. made us dinner and it was delicious. Patsy also has Chiari and identifies with the pain and suffering that comes with the diagnosis. Tonight my friend I've known since highschool is bringing supper. Her name is Nikki Godwin. I think the world of this girl! Also I wanted to say how much appreciate all your comments.!

Love you all
Kimberly

1 comment:

BillyBob said...

I do not want you to think for one minute that I am trying to push narcotics on you. However, I made a terrible mistake after being diagnosed with liver disease. I did not know that pure opoid agonists are non toxic to body organs. Yes, they are replete with danger as far as addiction is concerned, but an even more dangerous situation can arise if you have true pain, and it goes untreated. It can permanantly damage the dorsal horn of your spinal cord, and keep pain receptors flowing long after any damage from surgery has healed. The "rebound pain" you having is worrisome, because it is in fact because your body is trying to shout out over the protective wall the opoids are putting up. It is importang to keep the pain reception down, gone, zilch. I am going to post on my blog on the subject so that I don't try to put links here where they seldom work. Love Bobby in Denver, not his liver.