Saturday, March 8, 2008

Today is Saturday. I haven't written on here in a couple days. I haven't wanted to. I don't think I would be able to relax before and after surgery knowing that my clients didn't have their hair done! LOL:) So, I am working again on Monday morning to tie up some loose ends.

Mema is at a nursing home now. She is soon to be going to her party. The kids understand that Mema has a party to go to. In Heaven. Jesus hasn't quite finished all the decorations and the guests are being told she's coming. Her mommy and daddy are going to be there. God is almost ready. Meanwhile she is being comforted with medicine. She's agitated. She's not in her right mind and it wears her body out to have company, even us. So we have all said our goodbyes. We will miss her dearly. My mother and aunt have done an amazing job during this. How hard this must be.

I am nervous about surgery. Even still. So much is going through my mind. I am ready to get it over with though. I won't know surgery details until the day before (Tuesday). Meanwhile I have to go to the store and pack my bags.

Miracle. I don't know how to explain this. I want to expect a miracle. But what is a miracle? We are so human. I might not even recognize a miracle if I saw one or even experienced it. I will know when I get to my party one day. He'll explain everything. Meanwhile I am just going to ride, not really thinking about what tomorrow will bring. I think I am going to enjoy the ride, regardless.

"The Will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."
Thanks Dana. Melissa S.you are amazing to me and I love you so much!!!I will keep this with me. Dorothy, if you're reading this thank you for everything. Jennifer D. thanks for all you've been to me, you are an awesome friend! Amy C. thanks for the beautiful flower in my window. Amy S. thanks for the roses (they lasted Forever!) Fran, thanks for the thoughtful gift. Martha you've always been there for me. My crazy, awesome co-workers thanks for all your concern, prayers, and jokes to keep my mind from wandering! Bethany I will never forget your first response to the phone call, "Lord bring her peace." - and He did! Peggy E. thanks for praying with me. Joan you are an angel in disguise. Teasie, girl you have the biggest heart in the world. Lea thanks for the flowers even before I knew of surgery, a "just because" gift. Anita, for listening to me complain about all my problems...... Joanna for being fervent in prayer, you and your faith are an inspiration to me. Pam Matthews for offering to keep these wild kids:) Charlotte, you are always so kind (My 1st client ever and still coming). Sarah F. for calling me and worrying about me! Stephanie Starling you are "for real" which is so hard to find these days! Mom, Dad, Jean, and Danny..... Kathy, Misty, Damon, Kevin, Ben we couldn't do all this without you! Mema, I love you. if I left anyone out, and I probably did, you know how I feel. I will post again before I go.

2 comments:

BillyBob said...

My wife sat here bawling her head off reading your posts to me. She has been doing web searches for Chiarians for the last two days. I have made you a button and linked you on my wild ride blog. I am a liver disease sufferer. Sharon got her zipper last June , and we are racing to see who can hit the publish button first. Just kidding. Good luck with your surgery and tonight we are going to add you to our prayer list. Bobby, not billybobthewackyliver.

Sharon (aka Sitting Porcupine) said...

Kimbery,
I was glad to see that Leslie and Lace found you first. They are both wonderful sources of support.
The hair does grow back, my Doc calls his version a "Chiari Cut". There is a ton of support out here for you so please take advantage of it. Your faith has put you one step ahead of some folks. You are welcome to e-mail me direct or check out my blog @http://headsaga.blogspot.com/ Pictures of my "Zipper" as we call it are posted there. Mine hair cut is even less dramatic than Katie's.
I am sending you hugs. No one in that has to face this can get enough. My husband Bobby and I will keep the 5 of you in our prayers.