Tuesday, March 18, 2008

day 6

Hey everyone. I need to start todays blog by wishing Lucky, a Happy Belated Birthday! Lucky is Anita's baby (horse) that was born a year ago yesterday!

I want to thank some people today... First of all I have recieved more cards than any Christmas or birthday ever. Seriously they are all beautiful and you all have poured your hearts out in them. I want to thank Baptist Tabernacle in Wendell for your generous donation. I want to give a SHOUT OUT to my girls at TJTPA. My Beautiful Basket arrived today! I am not even going to open it up yet so that I can show it off to all my family and visitors. When Shendi gets home with her camera I am going to take a picture of it and post it on here. Thanks to Aunt Paulette and Lisa S. for bringing groceries and dinner yesterday! It means alot to not only me and Nate, but the kids are learning so much through all of this. Thanks to Tim Brown for coming to pray with me at just the right moment, (Before rolling back to surgery).

I am just overwhelmed at all of the generous people in our lives. About six months ago I was at a point in my life where I had too high expectations of the people around me. And when they didn't meet those expectations I was surely let down. I was at a Turning Point in my life and didn't know which direction to turn. My faith was tested in God, in family, in friends and in everything I had ever been taught. I didn't understand why things were happening so rapidly around me and I thought maybe it was because something I had done wrong; be it sinned, not worked hard enough for God, not using my gifts enough, whatever you name it. And the past few weeks I realized that I did make the right turn. I turned to God with my hands empty, my mouth silent, my head down, my feet stuck in mud. I didn't want to move a muscle. I was numb. It was there, when I had no energy that He started to teach me. He has taught me that #1 I must stay close to Him, #2 that He's in charge, #3 that He loves me more than I can understand, #4 He will never leave me. just when i thought i couldn't and didn't trust the people around me; never wanting to get into relationships ever again...........God moved and showed me that there are people out there that do care and do love me and do things out of love. Love shouldnt have condtions. Love in unconditional. God does move through people, all different groups and types of people. God can move through anyone He wants. That is what is so AWESOME about Him. So throughout this battle with my sickness or your battle with something else, God will provide. He will. And He will never leave you. Just when you feel like you have no one, He shows up and when He does, He will use whoever He wants. It may be someone you would least expect. Glory to God for all He has done, is doing and will always do!!!! He really does love us....

I feel a little better everyday. I couldn't stand dirty hair any longer today so Nate helped me wash my hair in the sink, avoiding the big bandage. And as for the bandage it came off today and Thank the Lord! because that thing was itching me to pieces! I will get Shendi or Nate to take a picture of it tonight. I know you all are still praying and keep on, because I am not just going to bounce back from this... it will be a long hard road. Thought I could, but that was before they cut my head:) A big thanks to Nate. He has taken care of me like he would a newborn. He wakes up with me in the night, he keeps up with my meds, and he takes care of the kids.... Lots of times I can't remember what i did or didn't take.. Hoping my memory gets better. A Big SHOUT OUT to SHENDI...... Her first track meet is today! She is quite the runner and loves the long jump... I can't go, but Nate and David will go watch her. My mom is coming over to watch me and Lydia:) Joan's bringing food tonight and I can't wait to see her!!! I love you Joan!!!

Love you all
kim

4 comments:

Cheri Parrish said...

Kim, so glad you are home. I hope you are resting a little better.

Last week as I was praying for you, your family, doctors, nurses, etc., I said a special prayer for the hair clipper person, Thank You God for answered prayers. WooHoo!

May God Bless you with a speedy recovery so that you will be ready for the workshop in Richmond!

Much Love, Cheri & Alli

lace1070 said...

Kim ~ what beautiful words you have written. God does hear us ~ heal us ~ move others through us ~ loves us unconditionally. When we are going through a rough road it is so beautiful to see how close Jesus seems ~ how clear everything suddenly is ~ Praying for continued healing. You are blessed to have such amazing friends and a wonderful family to nurse you back to health. Hugs ~ Lace

emorgan said...

Kim
I am so glad you are home! You have been on my heart for days! I keep up with things through Joan! She is wonderful and I am so gratful you brought her into my life! I cant wait to see you Thursday so I give you a huge hug!! Take care and know you are so very loved!!

andrea201219 said...

hey kim it sounds like u are doing so good, lucky duck had a great first bday and we had a new baby this morning! so far so good. when ur up to it and u may be already, we would love to come see u! just email me or call us! LOVE YA!

andrealynn8706@yahoo.com