Tuesday, April 29, 2008

A New Day!

Today is the 29th. My appointment with my Neurosurgeon went great. He was so thrilled with my progress. He jerked my neck around a bit and I about came off the table. Nate's eyes were huge as he watched. I have been so careful with it and then WHAM!!! he slams it from left to right, up and the down and up and down and I saw a few stars and felt some popping, which he said was okay?! Now it is funny. It wasn't at the time. So, because I have been working out, I have great range of motion, he said. He basically said he was 'kicking me out'. So I won't be going back unless I become symptomatic again. Thank God!!!! He gave me No Limitations other than not benching 150lbs tomorrow! lol! So that's it. I have been to the gym tonight. I ran 1 mile and walked 2 at elevated levels. I worked my legs on the machines. Shendi went and is trying to Pump some Iron:) We had the most fun beating the crap out of the punching bag!!!!! I feel a release tonight. What a journey this has been. Now I am going to live the best life I can. I am going to reach goals that I thought were impossible months ago. Until tomorrow, goodnight:)

2 comments:

Jo Anna said...

Hi Kim!
I thought about you yesterday & wondered how your Dr's appt went. I was praying for a good report & sounds like you got one. What a praise this is & just another testament that God does answer prayer. May the road to healing continue to be smooth for you. Look forward to seeing you soon...as you stand behind the chair clipping my hair. I'll be calling you soon for an appt. Again, GREAT news to hear!

All my best,
Jo Anna

Psalm 118:24
This is the day the Lord has made; We will rejoice and be glad in it.

Karla said...

Kim,

Thank goodness you have come through this all so well! I am jealous that you can run a mile! I think I have asthma or something (ha-ha)!

See you on the 8th--I'll be looking for a miracle with this gray hair of mine!

Love,

Karla Rea